Saturday, July 3, 2010

AILA EB-5 panel in National Harbor Maryland

It was my privilege to address a packed ballroom of immigration lawyers Saturday who were eager to hear the latest news about the EB-5 Program and the proliferation of regional centers, which is probably 100 today and destined to grow to 120 or more in coming months.

I was joined by moderator Ron Klasko and panelist Carolyn Lee as we navigated the EB-5 Program from fundamentals to truly arcane. This being the only EB-5 panel during the annual conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

At the conclusion of the program, I thought the questinos from attendees were very good. Several questions addressed E-2 and L-1 conversions to EB-5 (see my post below), and I suggested that lawyers with clients who wish to pursue this be careful.

I will do this again on August 27 during the AILA EB-5 Investors Conference in Boston. You can register at www.aila.org. Click on "Conferences".

No comments:

Post a Comment